Free eBook Collections on the Web
Google Books Search
Search within the whole book. Some of the titles offer the complete book online, others just snippets.
HathiTrust contains millions of digital books, journals, government documents, and other volumes, all digitized from research libraries. The collection includes both public domain and in-copyright works across a full range of subjects. Over half of the content is in English, but hundreds of languages are represented, including large amounts of material in German, French, Chinese, Russian and Spanish.
Limit search to Full View Only to get just works in the public domain.
Licensed eBook Collections
Access GateWay's eBook Collections [Off-campus access: MEID + Password]
- Access over 6,000 current eBooks published by ABC-CLIO, GreenWood Press, Praeger and other publishers
- Create your own user account to save pages, add bookmarks and notes to books, and add to bookshelf
- Access over 78,500+ current eBooks from over 500 publishers in the Academic Complete collection.
- Enhanced QuickView web-based reader now incorporates many of the advanced features, including printing, copying, highlighting, & notes, under the InfoTools tab. Set preferences upon login (MEID/PIN) to specify citation format (MLA, APA, etc.)
- Free ebrary reader plug-in offers advanced features (printing, copying, citing, highlighting, infotools and notes). The plug-in may be downloaded from the ebrary website. No plug-in is required for QuickView.
- Login to YOUR ebrary account (MEID + Library PIN) to save pages, add notes, highlight book passages and create your own Bookshelf of favorites. eBooks can be viewed and a limited number of pages printed, without an account. No check-out required, allowing multiple readers to access the same title simultaneously.
- Interdisciplinary selection of over 37,748 eBooks (1,800 eBooks permanent titles owned by the MCCCD Libraries)
- Access over 3,400 titles in the public domain.
- Includes Cliff Notes for literature.
- Online checkout period is for 7 days with a personal EBSCOhost account, or brief 15 minute viewing without check out (no personal account needed). Now with download option.
- Previously NetLibrary
Licensed eBook Reference Collections
Access GateWay's Reference Ebook Collections [Off-campus access: MEID + Password]
- An interdisciplinary selection of hundreds of reference titles, specialized subject encyclopedias, handbooks and more across a wide range of subjects.
- Addictions & Substance Abuse
- Complimentary & Alternative Medicine
- Genetics & Inherited Conditions
- Infectious Diseases & Conditions
- Magill's Medical Guide, 6th edition
- Salem: Cancer
- Psychology & Mental Health
- The Decades Series: 1920s to the 1990s in America
- Great Events in History Series: Ancient World to the 20th Century
- Historical Encyclopedia of American Business
- Milestone Documents of World Religions
- Milestone Documents in African-American History
- Milestone Documents in American History
- Milestone Docuements in World History
- Milestone Documents of American Leaders
- Encylopedia of Mathematics and Society
- Critical Insights: Authors (vasious titles in series)
- Critical Insights: Themes (various titles in series)
- Critical Insights: Works (various titles in series)
- Critical Survey of Long Fiction, 4th edition
- Critical Survey of Poetry, 4th edition
- Critical Survey of Short Fiction, 4th edition
- Magill's Literary Annual (35 year searchable archive of literary reviews & essays)
- Masterplots, 4th edition
- Applied Science
- Earth Science (various titles in series)
- Encyclopedia of Energy
- Encyclopedia of Environmental Issues
- Encyclopedia of Global Resources
- Encyclopedia of Global Warming
- Forensic Science